Am I the only one that breaks promises to themselves?
I have noticed that I have developed a huge pattern of breaking promises to myself. It happens on the daily. I have no idea why – why don’t I honor myself to do the things I really, really want to do? I recently decided I wanted to be a better human. Not because I don’t love myself but because I want more from my life. I want to start achieving some of the goals I have wanted to achieve for years.
I am not sure why my priorities for myself always come last. It’s disheartening. My crippling anxiety often stands in the way of being a social human being, of having adventures, sometimes my anxiety takes over and I get lazy and I forget to be my fun self and I am my scared self. Just plain scared. I want this promise breaking to end.
A couple of day ago I promised myself I would do 17 things in 2017 . In an attempt to not break promises to myself. I did one of the 17 items on the list. A easy actionable item. I dyed my hair.
1 down 16 to go -Woot, Woot!
Do you guys have problems with this? How do you remember to always put yourself first?
Yes the book. Yes Miki. Yes getting out there and creating a life. Yes creating a business. Actually today I wanted to give you a book review of this novel about getting out their as a young entrepreneur and creating a business.
But in light of almost getting canned from BOTH my jobs in one day. I thought I would not talk about entrepreneurial stuff but actually commit to doing some cool shit, right here, right now.
17 cool things I want to do in the rest of 2017:
- Grow a salad in my apartment (kale or lettuce, green onion, herbs, tomatoes, and aloe or some other low maintenance plant)
- Build a YouTube channel
- Paint my wall pistachio and get my vintage inspired couch
- Dye my hair like a Peacock
- Join the rowing club in Edmonton
- Fully commit to Vegan and not be 90% Vegan
- Finish my tattoo removal and get my ankle tattoo to cover it
- Get my arm tattoo-ed
- Pierce my nose … for the 8th time
- Travel in India or Indonesia – just go on a vacation
- Hit up as many of the Provincial Parks in Alberta as I can this summer.
- Buy a Bicycle
- Become a Thrift Queen
- Read all the books on my bookshelf
- Mediate once a day
- Learning to be happy just the way I fucking am ❤
- Make some solid Edmonton Friends
In the craziness of life, paying off my debt and doing all sort of things – sometimes I forget to just be and have fun and to love myself. So I decided I needed to make a list and do just that.
What is on your 2017 list that is fun stuff, not about debt or work etc
Leave me some Love,