Flying is exhausting and hard work. It can be draining and challenging and push all your buttons. It can also be super fun. I miss the lifestyle of whizzing around and being a social butterfly. There are so many amazing things about being a flight attendant – here are some of the things I miss the most.
25 Things I Miss About Flying:
- Always going places – the constant act of getting on a plane and being in different cities and sleeping in different beds. Motion. Always going.
- Airplane cookies. Biscoff cookies. It is both embarrassing and staggering the amount of times I have eaten cookies and pretzels for breakfast. It has been months since I indulged in such behaviour.
- Putting on high heels and the uniform and feeling suited up and acting the part.
- Making new road friends every few days.
- Sunsets in Mexico.
- Hawaii. Just all of it – beaches and sunrises and humidity and Maitai’s
- Getting all the fun stuff from all the places: Rumcream in Halifax. Coconut granola in Hawaii. All the American vegan foods pretty much anywhere in the USA. Colliding Tides in PEI – it is so amazing to pick up all my special treats on the road and bring them home I miss all those things.
- Hot men in uniform. There are lots of men in lots of uniforms trolling the airports. It some nice eye candy.
- Redeye flights and working all night.
- Hypoxic giggles from flying to many hours in such a short amount of time.
- The passengers. The good and the bad – but always interesting.
- The drama.
- Getting home from Mexico and cleaning sand out of my suitcase in the middle of the winter
- St John’s, Newfoundland. I miss you.
- Room Parties.
- Paydays. Actually working my butt off for a huge payday and being rewarded with all that money to freely spend how I want.
- Hotel room coffee in bed.
- Awesome places to take badass photos.
- Visiting my network of friends in random cities.
- Day drinking in the afternoon in warm places without an care in the world.
- Exploring new places.
- The galley of confessions. Getting to talk about real stuff with real strangers and really opening up.
- Feeling like the world is my oyster and that I can go anywhere.
- Feeling alive.
I am sure there are more things to miss about flight attendant life – I just am feeling nostalgic and missing all the things that such a fun career can bring.