I have realized the only way to stay sane is to keep busy. Because of the nature of my job I am always on the go – this city, that city, airport, hotel, again .. go, go, go … so to be stuck at home is incredible hard. Plus lets be real as soon as someone tells you you cannot do something all you want to do it do that thing … like go out.
Here are some ideas of things to do while you are staying home on lock-down (aside from Netflix) :
- Clean out your motherfucking closet. We all say we are going to do this shit but it is always the last thing on the list. Take the time now to Marie Kondo the shit outta your wardrobe and downsize all the stuff that you don’t feel amazing in.
- FIX YOUR CLOTHES! Ya I said it – all those lose button you have been meaning to fix, ripped hems, thrift flips and so on – now is the time – why not get it done. Pulling out the sewing machine and fixing/creating – the world is changing, if you don’t think this is going to be your reality in a massively compromised economy – think again. Do you have a stack of old band shirt or travel shirts or volunteer shirts that you don’t know what to do with – try you hand at making a quilt. Get the pile of things to fix on lock down.
- FIX THE STUFF AROUND YOUR HOUSE! Finishing hanging up that art work, fix that door knob, wash down that shelving unit, all those fix it project you have been putting off – now is the time.
- Clean out your damn pantry! Legit guys – we all know we all have all sort of random ass shit that never gets eaten. Now is the time to experiment with the weird stuff and clean out the pantry. Do you really need to go to the store OR can you use up something from your home? That being said – if it is non perishable and you are never gonna eat it – why not take things to a food bank (lets be real those food bank are good need all the help they can get when this is done).
- Clean out you paper work drawer and file stuff away … Heck do your taxes. I have a file box but I have a bad habit of throwing everything ontop and not actually dealing with stuff. Now is the time – get organized.
- Clean out your digital footprint, delete photos, clean out hard drive, delete emails, clean out music library – all that online stuff that is tedious and boring – you have the time … get it done.
- Have virtual wine dates and coffee dates on Facetime or Facebook or video chats. This is a great time to catch up with old friends – Skype, Viber, Facetime, Facebook messenger – as long as you have wifi – why not?
- Crush your at-home workouts and health routine – reality has sunk in – time to get yourself fit. Why not use quarantine to get your eating on track and you fitness levels up. Take care of your health.
- Spend time with your partner – reconnect.
- Update your resume, linked in and portfolios just in case you need to find new work.
- Hobbies that you don’t have time for … making music, writing, social media …
- Start to finally build your online business. There are lots of digital jobs out there – why not time the time and the employment to explore making money online.
What are you doing to keep sane during your quarantine and social isolation?