Tonight while chomping down on some vegan mashed potato pizza – I was thinking about vegan things. While I am not always vegan I try my best most of the time. My slips up are always cheese or other dairy related things. In every other category I succeed. This used to really bother me – but it doesn’t have the same clout as it used to. I work a lot and some days there just isn’t enough time to prepare – and getting vegan food isn’t always as easy as you want it to be. It is a journey at the best of times. A learning process. I have had moments in my life where I had thought about not being a vegetarian anymore. I honestly don’t think I could do it. But sometimes I need to give myself reasons to keep doing what I a doing. So here we have it:
My Reasons for Vegan:
- I love beans
- I love making new recipes
- I love that being vegan has taught me to cook
- I love introducing people to vegan eats
- I don’t ever have to eat anything with eyes
- I can be picky as fuck and blame it on vegan
- I love fruits and veggies. I could eat only fruit all summer. Cherries, baby!
- I don’t ever get meat sweats
- I can grow my own food
- I rarely have more than one or two options on a menu. It takes away my choice.
- I feel better
- I have minimized my kitchen
- And my fridge
- Most of my groceries come from one part of the grocery store
- Mother nature’s fast food is fruit
- I love what I eat
- Whole foods are bomb
- vegan is rad as fuck, who are we kidding?!
- One day I will figure out being a skinny vegan and my life will be complete
- My body doesn’t feel heavy after I eat
- Man .. I just love my food lifestyle
I could go on about the cruelty of the meat industry – but I don’t want to. I am vegetarian for so many other reasons that that. The real truth is – I just want to feel good and eating vegan does that for me.
Stay happy, eat plants.
Till next time,